Food Grade Citric Acid - 1kg Kraft Bag
Citric Acid 100% Natural - it is a super-versatile, all-natural cleaning ingredient it can also be used in cooking, cosmetics, pharmaceuticals or as a pH regulator.
Citric acid has many so many uses. It can be found most famously in lemons and other citruses as well as in almost all fungi, fruits and even woods.
Nowadays we use it as a common natural food additive or as a pH regulator in soft drinks. This makes it great in your kitchen as it’s used in many fun recipes (such as Elderflower Cordial) and can be used to enhance the flavour of your food. Not to mention it’s an amazing antioxidant which is another reason it’s a great addition to your recipes.
This food-grade citric acid is also great at tackling limescale and can be an alternative natural cleaner to some smellier ones like vinegar. It’s also a useful preservative and can be used in many cosmetics and pharmaceuticals.
The wide range of uses means it makes a great eco-friendly addition to the household.
Kraft bags are used to package the citric acid making it plastic-free. Since it’s all produced in Western Europe it has a smaller carbon footprint during transport compared to a lot of other products.
DIY Cleaning Tips:
Simple ways to use to clean at home
- Clean your kettle with : Fill your kettle with and add in a couple teaspoons of . Once it's done brewing, any build-up will be gone.
- Clean your toilet: Just add a tablespoon into the pan and let it sit for at least 15 to 20 minutes (ideally overnight). Give it a quick brush or scrub and then flush. The will wash away all the acid remains as well as any scum and mineral deposit build-ups, leaving your toilet bowl sparkly clean!
- Clean your bathroom floor: Add a tablespoon to your floor mixture/just and soak your floor mop before your clean.
- on your taps: Gently spread your solution over the taps and watch as the solution into a (you will need to add more ) for easier application. Do not use on brass taps. gets rubbed off! Alternatively, you can pour the
- Create a spray for your entire bathroom: Mix 500ml hot and one tablespoon into a clean and shake it well. Then, spray it onto the dirty surfaces. Deal with any difficult-to-deal-with stains by soaking a clean cloth or towel with the mixture and pressing it to the surface. Let it do its thing for a couple of moments and then rinse the entire surface.
- your dishwasher: Fill the cup with a Tablespoon. Run the dishwasher on a hot cycle, letting it do its thing. All the grime and build-up hanging out in there will be broken down and rinsed away.
- Get rid of mineral deposits: Mineral deposits from hard are tricky to get rid of. Add a few tablespoons to hot , scrub with a sponge and rinse.