Percarbonate of Soda Oxygen Bleach - 1kg
I'm out of stock but will be back soon
Percarbonate of Soda, also know an Oxygen Bleach is an environmentally safe bleaching agent with no odour. A must for eco-friendly cleaning & laundry!
A natural stain remover which also whitens and deodorises your laundry and textiles, it can be used throughout your home. It is also a natural bleach and is great for cleaning toilets and removing stains in the toilet bowl.
It is one of our favourite plastic-free products at Vera-Bee and a must in both of our cleaning cupboards.
What is Percarbonate of Soda?
Percarbonate of Soda (also known as solid hydrogen peroxide) is a natural disinfectant and stain remover and replaces all "Oxy" products. The ingredients are derived from raw materials (salt, water and chalk). It's an excellent natural bleaching agent (oxygen bleach), stain remover (tea, coffee, red wine, fruit stains, blood, etc), softens water and tremendously increases the efficiency of cleaning products.
- No environmental hazards – breaks down to oxygen, water and sodium carbonate (soda ash) in your wash water.
- Effectively kills wide range of bacteria, mildew, algae, viruses, fungi.
- Colour safe and fabric safe. It brightens colours and prevents fabrics from becoming yellowed or darkened.
- Effective stain removal on a multitude of surfaces.
- In the laundry Sodium Percarbonate is used to de-stain, deodorise, and whiten. It is very effective as a laundry pre-soak for heavily stained articles.
- Replaces the need for fabric softener.
We also stock Percarbonate of soda in 750g kraft paper bags here and we love using with our wooden scoops.
It has so many uses...
General cleaner and disinfectant formula: 4 tablespoons of percarbonate of soda in 1 Litre of hot of water (40 to 60°C) (usually your tap water is at 60 degrees C). Wait 1 minute to let the gas evacuate, close the bottle, it’s ready. Brilliant to clean the oven, bin and toilet... As it will stay good for 4 hours, make the quantity you need at the time. At home we make 1/2 litre and clean everything once.
To remove stains: 1 to 4 Tablespoons in your washing machine.
For very bad stains/Whites: Fill a bucket/bowl with 4 Tablespoons in water 40 to 60°C and soak the clothes for a few hours, then wash as usual.
To clean your terrace and exterior wood: To clean lichens, moss, grease stains and dirt.
To unblock and clean a sink drain: Put 2 or 3 Tablespoons in the hole of your sink, add boiling water on top. Wait few minutes and rinse.
Toilet Bowl: add 2-3 Tablespoons to a jug add boiling water 500ml to 1 ltr- stir and pour into the toilet bowl allow to sit for 20 mins and then flush. I put any left over percarbonate mix from my laundry soaks down the toilet and sinks as it will remain active for 4 hours.
Where to use it...
- Laundry cleaner and replacement for fabric softener
- Toilets & sinks
- Spot cleaning fabrics
- Carpet & upholstery cleaning and spot cleaning stains
- Kitchen surfaces and utensils - it's great for cleaning oven dishes!
- De-staining tea & coffee cups
- Fridges & freezers
- Chopping boards
- Bathroom surfaces
- Mildew removal on tiles, grouting and walls
- Wood decks and wooden garden furniture
- Kills algae and moss on driveways, patios, brickwork and roofs
- General household cleaning
Sodium carbonate peroxyhydrate > 90% made with soda crystals added to hydrogen peroxide. These components are resulting from natural raw materials (salt, water, chalk).
Made and packaged in Western Europe. Double-thickness Kraft bag with a plant-based watertight film.