Silk Foundation REFILL - Zao Makeup
100% natural, certified organic, vegan and cruelty-free formula
Zao products are certified Vegan & Cruelty-Free by PETA certification
Select your colour in the drop down menu above to see the correct image
ZAO Silk Foundation applies easily and meets the needs of those who like a dewy, luminous complexion with full coverage.
It has a light and velvety texture that offers a natural and luminous finish with an even complexion. Easy to apply and suitable for all skin types, the fluid lets skin breathe.
This Ecocert-certified organic formula is formulated with only natural, active ingredients including organic bamboo hydrolate and organic aloe vera, both renowned for their moisturising and soothing properties, as well as magnolia bark extract for its antibacterial and antioxidant qualities. This foundation has a semi-matt finish and uniform coverage to facilitate a long lasting coverage throughout the day.
PET Recyclable Tube
THIS IS FOR THE REFILL ONLY.
Note: We order every week with ZAO. We don't hold all shades in stock. If ordered with other items your order will be sent together. We will let you know when your order will be dispatched.
This product, as with all ZAO products, is free from parabens (synthetic preservatives), using instead micronised silver as an effective and non-toxic preservative. ZAO does not use nanoparticles in their products, with the micronised silver being larger than nanoparticle size, making ZAO products safe and free from toxic preservatives.
Coverage: Medium to strong - can be built up.
What colour is right for me?
- 811 Ivory Beige (Previously 711) suits super fair complexions with a neutral undertone
- 812 Cream Beige (Previously 711) suits fair complexions with a warm undertone
- 813 Golden Beige (Previously 701) suits medium complexions with a neutral & warm undertone
- 814 Pink Beige (Previously 701) suits medium complexions with a pink undertone
- 815 Sand Medium (Previously 702) suits medium complexions with a warm undertone
- 816 Apricot Medium (Previously 713) suits medium complexions with a pink undertone
- 817 Honey Medium (Previously 713) suits medium complexions with a neutral & warm undertone
- 818 Praline Medium (Previously 714) suits medium to tan complexions with a neutral & warm undertone
- 819 Cappuccino Tan (Previously 714) suits tan complexion with a golden/yellow undertone.
- 820 Camel Tan (Previously 704) suits tan complexion with a golden/yellow undertone.
- 821 Tiramisu Tan suits tan complexion with a warm undertone.
Select the colour in the drop down menu above to see the correct image.
What we love...
Natural & Certified Organic by EcoCert
Suitable for all skin types including sensitive skin, mature skin and acne-prone
- Does not sit in lines & lasts all day!
NO synthetic preservatives
Cruelty-free - none of Zao products are tested on animals including the raw materials and finished products
- Vegan - No animal products are used in any of Zao products
How to use
Especially easy to apply thanks to its light texture, ZAO silk foundation is best used with a natural rubber sponge or foundation brush. You can also apply with fingers.
ZAO Beauty Tip: choose a colour that matches your skin tone on face and neck without being too bright or too dark, to avoid the tell-tale 'tidemark' effect on the neck area. Find your skin tone and take into account whether you have warm, cool or neutral undertones to find your best match. Please e-mail us if you need some help in selecting the best colour for you. Apply the foundation from the centre to the outside of your face, blending into the neck area
INGREDIENTS SILK FOUNDATION (F4): AQUA (WATER), OCTYLDODECANOL, GLYCERIN**, BUTYLENE GLYCOL, SODIUM STEAROYL GLUTAMATE, SUCROSE PALMITATE, CETEARYL ALCOHOL, GLYCERYL STEARATE, POTASSIUM PALMITOYL HYDROLYZED WHEAT PROTEIN, GLYCERYL CAPRYLATE, PHYLLOSTACHYS NIGRA EXTRACT*, OLEIC / LINOLEIC / LINOLENIC POLYGLYCERIDES, ALOE BARBADENSIS LEAF JUICE*, BAMBUSA ARUNDINACEA STEM POWDER, HELIANTHUS ANNUUS (SUNFLOWER) SEED OIL*, PENTYLENE GLYCOL, P-ANISIC ACID, XANTHAN GUM, PARFUM (FRAGRANCE), MAGNOLIA OFFICINALIS BARK EXTRACT, LECITHIN, TOCOPHEROL, ASCORBYL PALMITATE, BAMBUSA ARUNDINACEA (BAMBOO) STEM EXTRACT*, CITRIC ACID, CI 77820 (SILVER). MAY CONTAIN (+/-) : CI 77891 (TITANIUM DIOXIDE) ; CI 77492 (IRON OXIDES), CI 77491 (IRON OXIDES), CI 77499 (IRON OXIDES).
* Ingredients from organic farming ** made using organic ingredients.
About the ingredients
Organic bamboo hydrosol: Derived from the distillation of bamboo leaves, it purifies combination and acne-prone skin via mattifying action. Moisturizing and soothing, it is also beneficial for dry and sensitive skin. Thanks to its high silica content, it leaves a soft touch to the skin.
Bamboo powder: White substance extracted from the silica-rich joints of bamboo to remineralise, hydrate and assist in regenerating skin, as well as reducing excess sebum.
Organic aloe vera: Renowned for its softening calming properties, aloe vera repairs and soothes even super-sensitive skin. It has excellent moisturising properties due to its ability to compensate for water loss in skin.
Magnolia Bark Extract: Used medicinally for centuries, this small tree is native to Asia where it is known for its antibacterial, anti-inflammatory, soothing and antioxidant properties. As such this ingredient helps reduce redness and the appearance of ageing skin.