Wildflower Wonders Seedbom Gift Box - Kabloom
I'm out of stock but will be back soon
Gift Set of 4 different Wildflower Seedboms
Wildflower Wonders Seedbom gift box containing 4 different Seedboms for 4 times the Guerrilla Gardening fun. A really gorgeous and thoughtful gift for those you love - or for yourself.
You can help bring the Bees Back!
97% of natural bee and butterfly habitat has been lost in the UK since WW2.
97%. Ninety seven percent. It's frightening and critical.
With your help, we can start to restore the lost wildflower habitat and make an important contribution to the biodiversity of Great Britain.
- Cornflower Power: containing cornflower seeds, a rich electric blue wildflower. Now endangered Cornflowers were once common in crop fields all over the country. Let’s help bring it back.
- Poppy Peacebom: containing corn poppies, a wildflower known for its scarlet paper like flowers. Poppies are a symbol of wartime remembrance, peace and hope.
- Lovebom (forget-me-not): containing Forget-me-nots, a wildflower known for its masses of tiny vibrant blue flowers. Forget-me-nots are symbolic of faithfulness and enduring love.
- Starflower: containing an ancient herb commonly known as Borage. Produces vivid blue edible star shaped flowers loved by bees. Borage is said to gladden the heart.
How to use your Seedboms
Pull the pin and throw or drop Seedboms into areas that are in need of brightening up. Seedboms like bare soil, natural light and to be kept damp whilst growing. Full instructions are included on inside of each Seedbom sleeve. Seedboms will biodegrade into the environment, leaving only plants behind.
- First shake the Seedbom a few times to distribute seeds inside.
- Trigger by pulling the pin to remove the seal and submerge in water until fully soaked inside and out.
- Throw or drop onto bare open ground that’s in need of beautification. IMPORTANT: Make sure it's split open to allow seedlings to sprout out!
- There are 2 seasons to grow Seedboms. Spring for flowering same year (March - June) and Autumn (August - October) for flowering the following year.
When watering ensure the Seedbom is gently soaked all the way through, you can tell it’s really soaked when the biobased shell starts to really soften (think of cooked pasta). If your Seedbom is not soaked through there is a good chance it won’t break open effectively.
Seedboms like to be kept damp, try not to let them dry out and don’t over-water and drown the seedlings. A good rule of thumb is damp to the touch but not soaking wet.
Seedboms like to be warm, not too hot, the warmth from the sun is ideal. Too hot and the Seedbom will dry out and there is a danger of the seedlings dying. Too cold and the seeds may not germinate at all. When choosing the perfect growing site, look for bare open ground with little or no weeds, weeds will compete with the seedlings and stop them from establishing into strong and healthy plants.
Seedboms can also be grown in planters, pots or window boxes. Simply soak as normal and place on top of well drained soil, then split open by hand to allow seedlings to grow out.
P.S. All instructions can be found on the inside of the Seedbom packaging sleeve.
Seedboms are designed to create little wildflower pockets as opposed to a larger spread/meadow type of growing. Typically they take up an area of around 10-15 cm sq i.e. small pot size. Height wise some plants can grow up to 2 feet +.